To successfully install the drivers in ACER 5315 Laptop with Windows XP operating System
Please follow these steps.
I. Get the following drivers and install in the given order only.
- Realtek HD Audio Driver
- Intel Chipset Driver
- Intel Graphics Driver
- Atheros WiFi Driver
- Broadcom Ethernet Driver
- Launch Manager
- Touchpad Driver
- Acer Empowering Framework
- Acer ePower Management
- Agere modem drivers
To install Modem Device on High defenition Audio Bus in ACER 5315
- Click on your “START” menu
- Right click on “My Computer”
- Click on “Properties”
- Click on the “Hardware” tab at the top
- Click on “Device Manager”
- Right click on “Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus”
- Click on “Update Driver…”
- Click on “No, not this time.” Click Next.
- Click on “Install from a list or specific location (Advanced).” Click Next
- Click on “Don’t Search. I will choose the driver to install.” Click Next.
- In the list on the “Hardware Type” page, highlight “Modems”. You may have to scroll down. Click Next.
- Click on “Have Disk…”
- Click on “Browse” and navigate to where you extracted the Agere Modem drivers. Highlight the “agrmdv32″ file and click Open. Click OK.
- Highlight Agere Systems HDA Modem. Click Next.
- Click Yes on the “Update Driver Warning” dialog.
if these drivers don’t work, try using the Foxconn drivers.