Many of you have come across a blue screen while trying to install windows xp in your new laptop. This BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) is due to the fact that your Windows XP does not have the SATA drivers which is required to detect your Hard Disk Drives. The solution to this is to integrate SATA drivers to your winxp CD, the following steps will let you do it.
If you don’t have Floppy Disk Drive especially on a notebook. You still can install Win Xp by Slip streaming SATA driver into WinXp boot cd using nLite.
1) nLite(download here), a free tool to help you slipstreaming(integrate) your SATA drivers into WinXp installation disk.
2) Extract SATA drivers (Please see the corresponding Laptop models for SATA drivers )
(if you are using Intel chipset Intel 82801GR/GH, 631xESB/632xESB, 82801GHM, ICH8R/ICH9R, 82801HEM SATA RAID Controller, get the drivers from here)
1) Get your Windows XP installation disk and copy the contents to a new folder(I named it “WinXp”).
2) Extract the SATA drivers you downloaded into a folder
13) Finally, you can create your project as ISO image or burn it directly to CD-R under “Mode”. I choose “Direct Burn”. You can put anything for “Label” but not too long. Choose “Burn” and you will be prompted again.
Thats all You can now boot your laptop with this CD and install Windows Xp with out Blue screen showing.